Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Tapas Tradicionales

It was Dollshouse Club day and we couldn't have wished for a better day! Not only was the weather perfect and we were able to sit outside all day, but Oly arrived with a great pattern to cut out a shop stand which she wanted to make for her cheese and meat display.
It was such a lovely design by Jane Newman that I decided to make one as well as I could use it for my small collection of Spanish food which has never had a proper home.
 The background I made by photocopying tiles from a book and printing onto photo paper. I scored the gaps in between the tiles.
The Name 'Tapas Tradicionales' is alphabet pasta which I coloured with felt pen and glued on.
On the left, he square board of bread, cheese and meats is by Amanda Speakman
The round board with meats, bread and a bottle of oil is by Linda Cummings
The meats are hanging on hooks which I made from paper clips.
I bought the meats, the plate of stuffed peppers, the basket of bread, the melon halves and all the other things at the Fuengirola Fair last year.
SPEAKING OF WHICH!!!! The Fuengirols fair is THIS WEEKEND!!!! Sat 8th and Sun 9th of June.
Oly and I will be there as always, maybe we'll see you there!


8 comments:

  1. Que rico se ve todo!!!!! está genial el stand,pásalo muy bien en la feria!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Se ve todo muy bonito y muy real!! que buen rincón. Arantza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a amazing display! Thanks for sharing with us. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you all enjoy yourselves. You have also been busy. Very nice dispaly and very beautiful scene.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful display. I really like the tiles.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! What a great display for all your wonderful tapas.
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gill! You´ve made a wonderful display for your spanish foods! I hope you and Oly are enjoying the fair!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete